Monday, December 20, 2010

Summer rain

We got 10mm today. What a welcome surprise and there might be more water in the pipeline in the next days. The watertank received a good recharge. I woke up from the rain this morning, pleasant sound.

Here a few  photos from today, above the first patch, tomatoes and pumpkins growing and growing...

zucchinis in second patch getting bigger

For my birthday this year I got goven a banana plant. I repotted it half way through the year as it grew well and needed more space. By early December it had outgrown its pot again. Two tomatoes came up from the compost in the pot as well and the first fruit was ripe. It also already has grown three shoots. Tomorrow afternoon is the full moon and I planted the banana in the agreed spot with lots of compost and sheep manure under it. I also burried plant scraps from the recently started compost and added even more manure to finish off. I left a bit of a ditch around it to make sure the water knows where to go.  In the background are the two garden beds in position, still empty, but soon to be filled ready for autumn crops.


No comments:

Post a Comment